Our team of conservators are proficient in training interns and volunteers in a wide range of conservation and restoration techniques.
- Of the many ICON interns we have trained over the years, some are now employed by The National Museum of Scotland and The British Museum and many others remain employed full-time in conservation and restoration.
- We give Sculpture Conservation training to HLF interns, ICON interns, mid-career, students, and school visits.
- We also provide training in stone-carving and letter-cutting.
- Our Sculpture Conservation Training in the Care of Collections has taken place in several institutions including National Trust for Scotland’s Collections Care Days.
- We have carried out Sculpture Conservation Training of Nadfas Volunteers for the Edinburgh College of Art Plaster Cast Collection.
- We have carried out Sculpture Conservation Training Volunteers from Classics Department Edinburgh University for their Plaster Cast Collection.
Sculpture workshops and training:
- Stone carving training: The Gallery, Central Library, Gateshead
- Wood Carving training: Kibblesworth Environment Centre - NWET launch
- Letter-cutting and gilding workshops: Craigmount School Edinburgh
- Verre eglomise workshop: Nungate Arts Workshops, Haddington
- Sculpture workshops: ‘Sculptors Talking Heads’, Schools, South Lanarkshire Council